Look To The Lamb Of God

This hymn presents Jesus the Lamb of God as the solution to all our problems. It was written by Henry Godden Jackson, a Methodist minister who with his wife Alice, spent many years as missionaries in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Lyrics:  H. G. Jackson
Music: James M. Black

If you from sin are longing to be free,
Look to the Lamb of God.
He to redeem you died on Calvary,
Look to the Lamb of God.

Refrain:
Look to the Lamb of God.
Look to the Lamb of God.
For He alone is able to save you,
Look to the Lamb of God.

When Satan tempts and doubts and fears assail,
Look to the Lamb of God.
You in His strength shall over all prevail,
Look to the Lamb of God.

Are you aweary? Does the way seem long?
Look to the Lamb of God.
His love will cheer and fill your heart with song.
Look to the Lamb of God.

Fear not when shadows on your pathway fall,
Look to the Lamb of God.
In joy or sorrow Christ is all in all.
Look to the Lamb of God.

The music is by James M. Black who also wrote When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder.

6 Responses to “Look To The Lamb Of God”

1. Shari Walter says:

I never heard this song before – I loved it! Thanks for sharing this one to remind us to Look to the Lamb of God! I like the one line where it says – In joy or sorrow Christ is all in all.

Amen!

2. James M. Beaty says:

Is this the H. G Jackson who translated “Just as I am” into Spanish? This is published in “Himnos de Gloria”. Thanks.

3. James M. Beaty says:

4. admin says:

I’m not sure. It could very well be.

5. Dave Stanton says:

Oh if the modern church would only sing songs like this! My heart aches at the pap we get called ‘worship’. it only worships the singer most of the time. Look to the Lamb of God!

6. Robert says:

Thanks for posting Henry Jackson’s gospel song. It’s not included in too many hymn books–probably thought to be too trite and repetitious. But some things bear repeating! Information on the author is scant as well, but I’ve got about the same amount of data as you do.

And if you’ll excuse a brief “commercial:” If you do not have a good book on the subject of our Christmas carols, I encourage you to take a look at my own, Discovering the Songs of Christmas. In it, I discuss the history and meaning of 63 carols and Christmas hymns. The book is available through Amazon, or directly from Jebaire Publishing. (Might make a great gift too!)