Saved, Saved!

This is a happy hymn about the joy of Salvation.

Jack Scholfield writes that “The melody just came to me, al­most as a gift. Then I sim­ply tried to make the words fit the tune. It was pop­u­lar from the start.”

Scholfield grad­u­at­ed from Bak­er Un­i­ver­si­ty, Bald­win Ci­ty, Kan­sas, in 1906. He then taught school, be­came an evan­gel­is­tic sing­er, and worked for the Home Mis­sion Board (1912-1917, 1919). Around age 49, he en­tered the real es­tate field in Fort Scott, Kan­sas. In 1950, he re­tired and moved to Pop­lar Bluff, Mis­souri.

Words and Music: Jack P. Scholfield

I’ve found a Friend, who is all to me,
His love is ever true;
I love to tell how He lifted me
And what His grace can do for you.

Refrain:
Saved by His power divine,
Saved to new life sublime!
Life now is sweet and my joy is complete,
For I’m saved, saved, saved!

He saves me from every sin and harm,
Secures my soul each day;
I’m leaning strong on His mighty arm;
I know He’ll guide me all the way.

When poor and needy and all alone,
In love He said to me,
“Come unto Me and I’ll lead you home,
To live with Me eternally.”

7 Responses to “Saved, Saved!”

1. Davin says:

I LOVE THIS HYMN!

2. marshall says:

thanks, you guys saved my hide. i didnt remember this hymn and i have to lead it tomorrow! thank you so much

3. Bill L. Yoho says:

I love the words of this hymn. We are studying Ephesians 4 this week and the SBC has listed this as its hymn of the week. Great, keep up the good work. Bill

4. john dupre says:

I am writing a play about the daily life within a mission that takes in street people and treats them for drug/alcohol problems. The play stresses treatment that has faith and spirituality an intergal part of their recovery. In the play there is a rediscovery of one man’s faith. In the final act, he also leads a young man to discover God. This song is paramount and my choice to be sung by the man to the young man. The man, guided by faith and the holy spirit, adopts the young man as his own and both leave, clean, sober, renewed faith to found their own House of Recovery . I would like to have permission (just to feel good) using this wonderfull hymn.

5. john dupre says:

I would like very much to ask and then comment on a quote of Jesus in the Book of Luke. To meaningly understand, one must remove the book of Revelations. The statement of Jesus in Luke, tells us exacty where Heaven is located. John, the writer of Reveations, seems to contradict Jesus. I personally must believe a direct quote by Jesus: I am sure that many pastors and other Bibical scholars of the fundamentists and our faith, seems to contradict this passage of a direct quote from Jesus the Christ and John’s description in Revelations. May some qualified fundamentist advise me?

Faithfully, I thank you

6. Jessie Marie says:

I must say that this is my favorite hymn from childhood! I believe it’s the first one I learned by myself. Never gets old, has new meaning every time I sing it.

7. Carl Jung says:

Hi, I am replying on the question as to where is heaven located because the bible mentions within you by Jesus and up high in Revelation.

I am going to give my opinion based on my bible reading.

In revelation there is a Lamb with 7 horns. This is said in the same book to represent the seven spirits of God sent unto all the earth.

The horns have eyes on them.

With this in revelation, I would not say John and Jesus contradict.

Jesus always said except a child receive the kingdom of God as a child he cannot enter in. That was when his disciples were incorrect about keeping children away from him.

Therefore, my opinion is that the kingdom of God is within you when it descends upon you, like the spirit descended on Jesus. Also, that the horns represent the Christ as the firstborn son, who sends the comforter in his name as referred to in Johns Gospel. Since horns in the bible are related to kings and eyes on cherubs relate the eyes to God.

I am sure this opinion will point to where you can recheck the statements and finish your question finally and forever:D