Did you ever talk to God above

This is an enjoyable Sunday school song for kids and adults alike.

Lyrics: Frances Towle Rath
Music: Greg Soule

Did you ever talk to God above?
Tell Him that you need a friend to love.
Pray in Jesus’ name believing
that God answers prayer.

Have you told Him all your cares and woes?
Ev’ry tiny little fear He knows.
You can know He’ll always hear
And He will answer prayer.

You can whisper in a crowd to Him.
You can cry when you’re alone to Him.
You don’t have to pray out loud to Him;
He knows your thoughts.

On a lofty mountain peak, He’s there.
In a meadow by a stream, He’s there.
Anywhere on earth you go,
He’s been there from the start.

Find the answer in His Word; it’s true.
You’ll be strong because He walks with you.
By His faithfulness He’ll change you, too.
God answers prayer.

24 Responses to “Did you ever talk to God above”

1. Jendi says:

Very nice.
    Easy to sing with.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

2. David Lim says:

Hi Jendi & Christopher

Wonderful works you have got there!

3. admin says:

Thanks. Please drop by for more, or subscribe for regular updates. 🙂

4. Deelynda Medival says:

Thanks for posting this up! This is one of my favorite song!

5. Ruthie says:

It sounds great, I must admit I was expecting to hear her sing along!

6. Maya says:

I learned this song as a young teenager many years ago and had wanted to sing it again but forgot the words. So glad I found it in this website. Thank you and God bless you

7. Naomi says:

I learned this song in Sunday School when I was a kid and loved to sing along with the big picture book that accompanied it. Thank you so much for including a recording of the song. I was singing it to my two year old tonight right before her bedtime and it really calmed her down and reminded me of some great truths found in the lyrics. Now I can re-learn the rest of the lyrics and teach her the whole song! Thank again!

8. Karen says:

Love your site!

9. Hope says:

Oh,
    Thank you!! You’re very kind…..I needed the tune and here it is!!!

10. Brenda says:

I absolutely love this song for children. About 35 years ago I used the visualized version of this song while working with children. It was very effective! The kids love it! Also when I purchased the song it came with a short story entitled, “Riding Double With God.” When I told the story, my youngest brother played the song in the background. It turned out great! Over the years it seems that I have either misplaced the story or let someone use it and they didn’t return it. I am wondering if anyone else might have a copy of the story.

11. Caryl says:

I really like the message in this song.

12. grace says:

praise be to the lord of heaven and earth for your ministry. i am unable to attend assemblies and use this site for home worship. i am also sharing this with my children and this week-end we will be singing together through skype. truly appreciate the background of the song that you include; the accompaniment that lasts till the end of the song; and the selection. many are easy to learn and within my voice range (which is limited ^_^).

13. dawn says:

i have loved this hymn from i was young i am now 28 and still love it, the words are nice and the music is lovely to.

14. zyrille says:

I learned this song when i was in grade 4..and I loved this song
    In my scholl named legacy accelerated christian academy
    Its a christian school when I transfered to another school i still love this song when i’m so lonely at school i always sing this song one day my classmate heard this song from me and she says she want to learn also this song now when we are lonely we just sang this song to make us happy…maybe other says that we are weird by being religous because of this song but this song makes me happy…i dont care what other says if im singing this song….this song was great..the tunes and every hymns..it has a great meaning..for us from god….hope you agree with my comment…I’m Zyrille 11 year old student grade 6….thanks for giving away the hymn of my favorite song….like and love your site..:D

15. dawn says:

i’m still listening to this hymn and also trying to play it on piano. i really love it,

16. srishti says:

thanks for this. i was in grade 3 when i learnt this song.. and i remember singing this to myself every now and then.. day and night.. whenever i was in desperate need of His mercy.
    my frns at sunday school forgot the lyrics as well as the tune,
    but this song meant so much to me.. i continue clinging to in till today, when i’m a 23 year old lady.
    and you know, i was kiddish.. but when i was in need of a friend, at school, anywhere.. i used to comfort myself with this song and the help surely would come…
    and the best friend that i got.. THE LORD HIMSELF !!
    all praises to HIM alone.

17. Edith Wood says:

I have loved and used the song “Did you ever Talk to God Above” for many many years as a Children’s ministry teacher and leader. I am now 60 and have taught in children’s ministry since age 13! :-)) I also ( as another post mentioned) had the story that went with it entitled “Riding Double With God” The children loved both the story and song. I too am looking for a copy ot that story. If anyway has it please send a copy to penwood1@juno.com and I will be very grateful! I know I have my copy SOMEWHERE in my large collection of kids stuff, but cannot lay my hands on it right now. Thanks in advance, Edith Wood

18. Prue says:

I learned this song from my mom but she forgot a couple of lines which made me look for it on the net. So happy I found it here. 🙂

19. Prue says:

😀 thanks for sharing it.

20. NG says:

I learned this song from some Light of Life missionaries in Africa many years ago. I have looked for it on you tube and could not find it.
    Thank you for posting. It brings back fond memories.

21. honnah says:

i really love this song,.,..,.,.this the first song that my mother taught me,.,.,.

22. pohpuayyong says:

great blessings through your effort.

23. charity says:

i’ve been looking for the lyrics of this song finally i got it here….
    thanks a lot.. this is the song my mom used to sing to us.
    what a wonderful song!